Prep + cook time 25 minutes
- 4 baby fennel bulbs (520g)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium lemon (140g), sliced finely
- 4 x 180g skinless firm white fish fillets
- 275g baby egg (plum) truss tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons rinsed, drained capers
- ¼ cup (60ml) dry white wine
- 30g butter
1 Trim fennel, reserve fronds; cut fennel into wedges. Heat oil in a large frying pan; cook fennel until browned lightly both sides.
2 Add lemon to pan; cook until browned lightly and tender.
3 Season fish, add to pan, pushing fennel and lemon to side of pan; cook fish until browned lightly both sides.
4 Halve tomatoes lengthways. Add tomato, capers and wine to pan; bring to the boil. Dot fish with butter; sprinkle with half the reserved fennel fronds. Reduce heat; cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until fish is cooked. Season to taste.
5 Serve fish drizzled with pan juices; sprinkle with remaining fennel fronds.