Prep & Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Nutrition: Per Serving
14g total fat (3.9g saturated fat)
1288kJ (307 cal)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 cup (200g) jasmine rice
- 4cm piece fresh ginger (20g), grated
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- CHICKEN STOCK
- Half a fresh chicken (800g)
- 1 medium carrot (120g), halved
- 1 small brown onion (80g), halved
- 1 trimmed stalk celery (100g), halved
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 litres (8 cups) water
- Make chicken stock. Discard skin and bones from chicken; shred meat coarsely.
- Heat oil in a 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker; cook rice, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add stock and ginger; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook for 10 minutes.
- Release pressure using the quick release method; remove lid. Stir chicken into cooker, reheat. Serve congee topped with onion, chilli and sauce.
- Combine ingredients in a 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure.
- Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook for 15 minutes. Release pressure using the quick release method (see Cook’s Notes for Classic Minestrone, page 66); remove lid.
- Strain stock into a large heatproof bowl. Reserve chicken; discard vegetables and peppercorns.