- Prep & Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 medium yellow capsicums (bell peppers) (400g), sliced thickly
- 1 small red onion (100g), cut into wedges
- 375g (12 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 1 cup (170g) instant polenta (cornmeal)
- 3⁄4 cup (180ml) pouring cream
- 1⁄4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh small basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
- Heat a large flameproof baking dish over high heat. Cook sausages until browned all over. Add capsicum and onion; season.
- Roast, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add tomatoes, roast for a further 15 minutes or until sausages are cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, bring the water to the boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in polenta, reduce heat to low; cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until polenta thickens. Stir in cream; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until polenta thickens. Stir in parmesan; season to taste.
- Serve sausages and vegetables with polenta. Sprinkle with basil.
- Serve with a mixed leaf salad