- Prep & Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Serves: 10
- 60g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1⁄3 cup (80ml) milk
- 20g butter, melted,
- 2 tablespoons shelled pistachios, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons blanched almonds, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup (40g) icing sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan. Grease a deep 20cm round cake pan.
- Beat butter, extract, sugar and egg in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in sifted flour and milk.
- Spread mixture into pan; bake about 25 minutes. Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make spiced nuts.
- Brush cake with extra butter; sprinkle with spiced nuts. Serve cake warm.
- Place nuts in a strainer; rinse under cold water.
- Combine wet nuts in a large bowl with icing sugar and spices; spread mixture onto an oven tray, roast in oven for 10 minutes or until nuts are dry.