prep + cook time 30 minutes serves 4
- ⅓ cup (80ml) teriyaki sauce
- ⅓ cup (80ml) rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 450g packaged brown microwave rice
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in springwater, drained
- 1 lebanese cucumber (130g), halved lengthways, seeded, sliced thinly lengthways
- 1 large avocado (320g), sliced thinly
- 1 large carrot (180g), cut into matchsticks
- ⅓ cup (90g) drained pickled ginger, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- ½ sheet toasted seaweed (nori), shredded finely
1. Combine sauce, vinegar and ginger in a small bowl.
2. Reheat rice following packet instructions.
3. Combine warm rice and half the dressing in a bowl.
4. Serve rice with tuna, cucumber, avocado, carrot and pickled ginger. Drizzle with remaining dressing; sprinkle with sesame seeds and seaweed.