- Prep & Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 375g wholegrain spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400g swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 400g portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots (25g), chopped coarsely
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄2 cup (80g) coarsely chopped roasted almonds
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup (40g) finely grated pecorino cheese
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water about 10 minutes or until tender; drain, reserving 1 cup (250ml) of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large deep frying pan over high heat; cook mushrooms and shallot, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly golden and shallot is tender. Add garlic; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Season to taste.
- Reduce heat to low; toss warm pasta, nuts and spinach through mushroom mixture. Add enough reserved pasta water to lightly coat the pasta. Serve topped with cheese and parsley.